Privacy is everything
2. Information We Collect
SBI Media may collect the following information from or about you:
Information You Provide To Us. We collect information you provide to us. For instance, when you register to use the SBI Media Services, we collect your name, email address, birth date, and gender. If you are a paying subscriber, we also collect your credit card information, which may include your billing address and zip code. In addition, SBI Media may collect information you provide to us when you respond to surveys, contact SBI Media through customer service or by other means, or participate in promotions that SBI Media may offer from time to time.
Usage and Log Data. We collect information when you use the SBI Media Services or view SBI Media advertising outside of the SBI Media Services. This information may include your IP address, device and software characteristics (such as type and operating system), location, activity on the SBI Media Services including title selections and watch history, page views, ad data, referral URLs, network state, device identifiers or other unique identifiers such as advertising identifiers (e.g., "ad-ID" or "IDFA"), and carrier information.
Data Collected Through Cookies and Similar Technologies. Like many online services, we use various technologies to collect usage data and store preferences. One such technology is called a cookie. A cookie is a small data file that is transferred to your computer's hard disk. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies to better understand how you interact with the SBI Media Services or SBI Media advertising published outside of the SBI Media Services and to monitor aggregate usage by our users and web traffic routing on the SBI Media Services. This allows us to improve the SBI Media Services. Also, we may create a unique device or user ID for you and store it in a cookie so we can recognize you and customize your experience based on your preferences.
We may collect information through other kinds of local storage (also referred to as "Flash cookies") and HTML5 local storage, including in connection with features such as volume/mute settings for the Video Player. Because these technologies are similar to browser cookies, they are sometimes called "browser cookies," even though they may be stored in different parts of your computer.
Most Internet browsers automatically accept cookies. You can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. For information about disabling cookies or deleting information contained in Flash Cookies, please click here. Please note that disabling cookies or deleting information contained in cookies or Flash Cookies may interfere with the performance and features of the SBI Media Services, including the Video Player. For example, we may not be able to store any of your preferences or login information or customize the Content to your viewing habits.
In addition to cookies, we may use other technologies such as web beacons or pixel tags, which can be embedded in web pages, videos, or emails, to collect certain types of information from your browser, check whether you have viewed a particular web page or email message, and determine, among other things, the time and date on which you viewed the Content, the IP address of your computer, and the URL of the web page from which the Content was viewed.The use of these various technologies in connection with advertising on the SBI Media Services is explained further below.
Social Networking Data. If you choose to log-in, access or otherwise connect to the SBI Media Services, or contact SBI Media , through a social networking service (such as Facebook), we may collect your user ID and user name associated with that social networking service, as well as any information you make public using that social networking service. We may also collect information you have authorized the social networking service to share with us (such as your user ID, public profile information, email address, birthday, friends list, and pages you have "liked").
Third-Party Data. We may collect information about you from other sources, such as data aggregators, public databases, and our business partners. This may include information about your interests, demographic data, purchasing behavior, and your activities online (such as websites visited and advertisements viewed).
3. Our Use of Information We Collect, Including Opt-Out Options
Use in General. We use the information we collect from or about you in order to help deliver a first-class user experience. Our use of this information may include the following:
◦ contacting you, including for promotional purposes;
◦ customizing the Content (including advertising) you view;
◦ fulfilling your requests for the SBI Media Services;
◦ identifying Content you share;
◦ customizing recommendations;
◦ conducting research;
◦ compiling aggregate data for internal and external business purposes;
◦ preventing potentially illegal activities;
◦ protecting your and our rights;
◦ any other purpose disclosed to you at the time we collect the information.
Our Use of Payment Information. We only use payment information, such as credit card numbers, to process payments from a subscriber (we use a third party payment processor to do this), to retrieve account information for a subscriber, to determine whether a subscriber is eligible for particular promotions, and to detect abuse of the SBI Media Services.
Opt Out Options: You have choices regarding how we use certain information from or about you.
◦ SBI Media Opt-Out. If you do not want SBI Media to use information about websites you visit (other than the SBI Media Site) in the browser you are using, please visit our OPT OUT PAGE to set your preference.
◦ Do Not Track. SBI Media supports "Do Not Track" browser settings. If you enable Do Not Track settings in the browser you are using, SBI Media will not use information about websites you visit (other than the SBI Media Site) using that browser. To learn more about Do Not Track, including how to enable Do Not Track, click here.
◦ Promotional Communication Opt-Out. You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from SBI Media by accessing your ACCOUNT and clicking on "Manage Email Notifications." You may also opt out of certain promotional communications by clicking the "unsubscribe" link in a particular promotional communication. Please note that you cannot opt out from receiving all communications from SBI Media , including administrative messages, service announcements, and messages regarding the terms and conditions of your account.
4. Sharing of Information with Third Parties, Including Opt-Out Options
Business Partners. Except for name and other contact information, we may share information collected from or about you with our business partners as explained further below, including advertisers, content licensors, distributors, and other companies that are not affiliated with SBI Media . With respect to name and other contact information, we will obtain your consent before sharing yours with any business partner who wishes to contact you or send you promotional information about their products and services directly, unless a business partner is acting on our behalf or you have provided your contact information as part of co-promotion by SBI Media and a business partner.
Social Networking Services. When you choose to share information with social networking services about your activities on the SBI Media Services, including shows you watch or like on SBI Media , SBI Media may share information about you and your activities with that social network.
◦ Sharing with Facebook. In addition to SBI Media collecting certain information from Facebook if you connect your SBI Media and Facebook accounts (as described above), you may choose to share information about your activities on the SBI Media Services with Facebook and its users, including publishing your watch activity to Facebook. If you visit SBI Media while logged into Facebook, then Facebook may be able to identify your browser and associate the technical information provided by your web browser with other information that Facebook already has about you. In addition, when you choose to share information about your activities on the SBI Media Services with Facebook, SBI Media may send information about you to Facebook. Facebook may make that information visible to Facebook users in accordance with applicable law, the Facebook Data Use Policy, and your Facebook privacy settings. We recommend that you familiarize yourself with Facebook's Data Use Policy and privacy controls.
Service Providers. We may share the information collected from or about you with companies that provide services to us and our business partners, including companies that assist with payment processing, analytics, data processing, account management, customized marketing messaging, and other services. However, our agreements with these companies limit the types of information we share and how they may use it.
Advertisers and Advertising-Related Service Providers. We may share the information collected from or about you in aggregated or de-identified forms with advertisers and service providers that perform advertising-related services for us and our business partners in order to tailor advertisements, measure advertising effectiveness, and enable other enhancements. This information includes your use of the SBI Media Services, websites you visited, advertisements you viewed, and your other activities online. However, our agreements with these companies limit the types of information we share and how they may use it.
Audience Measurement Providers. Our business partners, such as content licensors and advertisers, seek to measure the performance of their creative material across many platforms, including the SBI Media Services. Accordingly, SBI Media may permit the use of proprietary measurement software that enables third parties (such as Nielsen) to include your viewing on the SBI Media Services in calculating measurement statistics such as TV Ratings.
◦ In connection with Nielsen specifically, you can access more information about Nielsen's measurement software and learn about your choices, including opt-out options, by clicking here or visiting "About Nielsen Measurement" in your application's settings for viewing on mobile devices, or clicking here for viewing on websites.
Third Parties in Connection with Certain Transactions. If we sell all or part of our business, make a transfer of assets, or are otherwise involved in a change of control transaction, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy, we may transfer information from or about you to one or more third parties as part of the transaction.
5. Third-Party Advertising, Including Opt-Out Options
We place SBI Media advertisements both on and outside of the SBI Media Services. We also display advertisements from other companies, often enabling users to click through to websites or other properties owned or operated by other companies. This section provides additional information about the collection and use of information from or about you in connection with such advertising.
◦ Opt-Out Options for Third-Party Interest-Based or Online Behavioral Advertising. Some of the advertisers, advertising technology companies, and service providers that perform advertising-related services for us and our business partners may be members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI"), a cooperative of online marketing companies that offers a centralized tool for opting out of interest-based or online behavioral advertising delivered by each of its member companies. If you would like to obtain more information about the NAI and make choices about their members' use of information from or about you, please click here. In addition, some of the third parties that collect information from or about you on the SBI Media Services in order to provide more relevant advertising to you participate in the Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising. This program offers a single location where users can make choices about the use of their information for ad targeting. To learn more, please click here.
We use reasonable physical, technical, and administrative measures to safeguard information in our possession against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure, and modification. For example, passwords and other sensitive information are encrypted in transit. We also take steps to ensure that only those SBI Media employees, agents, and contractors who have a legitimate business reason to obtain access to sensitive information from or about you are granted access.
When you enter payment information (such as credit card information on our order forms), we encrypt that information using secure industry standard protocols for billing transmission in order to help protect the financial information you send us.
Despite these efforts, please note that there is always a possibility that a breach in data transmission or storage may occur. We want you to feel confident in our security when using the SBI Media Services, but we cannot guarantee the security of any information from or about you 100% of the time.
SBI Media prohibits registration by, and does not knowingly collect personal information from, anyone under 13 years of age.
8. Third-Party Access Points, Devices, and Links
The SBI Media Services may be provided through third-party websites, applications and other means of access operated by other companies (collectively, "Third-Party Access Points"). For example, you can access the SBI Media Services through websites of our distributors. In addition, you may launch a Third-Party Access Point using various devices such as gaming systems, smart TVs, mobile devices, and set top boxes. The SBI Media Services also may contain links to third-party websites or applications. None of these Third-Party Access Points, devices, websites or applications are operated by us, even if they contain our name or logo, and we are not responsible for the privacy practices of their operators. Accordingly, we recommend that you review their privacy policies.
9. Deleting Your SBI Media Account
10. Applicable Law
SBI Media is headquartered in the U.S. and the SBI Media Services are intended for users in the U.S. If you are viewing any Content or otherwise using the SBI Media Services, please be aware that information from or about you is subject to
U.S. laws. By viewing any Content or otherwise using the SBI Media Services, you consent to the transfer of information to the U.S. to the extent applicable, and the collection, storage, and processing of information under U.S. laws.
12. Questions/Contacting Us
Attention: Legal Department
SBI Media , SA
We hope you enjoy the SBI Media Services!
The information contained in this web site is subject to change without notice.
Copyright © 2012 -2016 SBI Media SA. All rights reserved.